Monday, September 24, 2007

What do you desire?

So often my faith that is popularly known as Christianity; is pegged as a social convention meant to conform it's followers into well behaved people. To make people "ACK RIGHT". If you know what I'm saying. This sits with me about like a bowl of tomato soup with cocoa puffs. I see a Jesus who is calling into my deepest desires. I see a world created as the most perfect and satisfying array of beauty that my eyes could ever behold. I see a wife so pure and beautiful that I could never doubt her and almost never take my eyes off. I feel the presence of a God sometimes who wants so badly to fulfill every desire of my heart. He speaks words of truth into my being and tells me that I'm made with his majestic qualities wrapped into every fiber. He says that I'm unique and complex and that my life holds great purpose. He wants to say this to every one of us, I believe. The flipside is that there is another power at work, and it is in full opposition to this one, yet it always looks so very appealing. I sit in a happy place today. A place where I know that I'm being redeemed and that I'm very very loved. I want to invite the world into this with me, but so often, I dont' know how.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home