Monday, February 05, 2007

The Present on Purpose

So I started thinking the other day that I am in some transitional phase of life right now and then I realized that I don’t even agree with the concept of transitional phases. This IS life isn’t it? Tomorrow’s life will not be different from today’s or yesterday’s. It’s not like today was practice for tomorrow. Every day counts and it’s all real. A person can be effective whether they are teaching first graders, having coffee with a friend, going to a movie, or even laying in a hospital bed. Jesus, save me from waiting on tomorrow. You have a purpose for me today and I want to live it. I will choose to live it.

as so with any thought, there is always an appropriate songline:

“and I know that I don’t wanna die, sittin around watching my life go by,
and what we’ll take from this is what we’ll get
and we haven’t quite figured it out just yet
b/c all of us are all too stuck, stuck to a chair watching our lives blow up.”

-Who said it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Smith said...

Lt. Dan

Thanks for what you are doing in the world.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Hey buddy, love those thoughts! Transition is tough and it's so easy to get caugh up in living for whatever is coming up next. We miss so much of the richness God has in today when we do that! Know you're doing great things down there and I'm excited to see you when we're both back in the dirty ra-town!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home